Friday, January 23, 2009

First Week Success!

Hi Rawk Chics,
I have been infinitely delighted with all the different dishes to choose from each day and equally appreciative of not having to cook!! I agree with Cindy about being careful not to duplicate the type of dishes........but even tho we had 4 cabbage dishes, they were each so different I can honestly say I continued to enjoy every one and didn't tire of anything! I kept finding new combinations, such as the flatbread stuffed w/ cranberry-almond slaw with slices of avacado that was sooooo good. Also, I've eaten most perishable first and left some dehydrated and less perishable for last and as a result I'm still going strong with a full day's menus and plan that it will continue for the next couple of days this way. Not having to cook or prepare all week has made the several hours of prep time that it took, WELL worth-while!
Since we will only do 2 recipes each until Pat comes back, I deleted the "mashed potatoes" from the google menu document. I started sprouting quinoa, barley and oats many days ago and the sprouts are coming along well, so I'll continue with the other 2 recipes that called for them.
I can say now after this first week, that I would certainly vote to keep the amount of dishes we go home with on the higher volume side. I thought at first that I wouldn't want to be totally raw all day-all week , but I have been pretty much so all week long with a few little exceptions and I feel the difference significantly! It wasn't as hard as I thought it might be and I'm only looking forward to more of the same! Thanks again so much to you both for your innovations with the blogs and documents and for your very delicious contributions!!
Pat, come back soon1 ;-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment